HOW I STARTED MY HAIR JOURNEY(2)

Welcome back dearies!!
So today we will be talking about the concluding part of how I started my hair journey which we started here

So where were we again? ...I was dissatisfied with how my relaxed hair looked like a wet dog whenever I got a touch up. So I still kept tabs on the natural hair blogs I knew and all the black hair care forums and then I discovered my hair calling(lol)

**drum roll**

Texlaxing!!!

It is commonly described as the best of both worlds and I kid you not, it is! I read so much about texlaxing and it was like the answer to my prayers. I officially had my last bone straight relaxing in October 2017 and since then started my hair journey.
Of course before this I had read so much and even personally contacted some hair gurus I had seen make good progress.

I learnt all the good techniques and bought all the right products, which let me just say was not beans. I mean I had to buy products within my budget but it was definitely more than my N150 petals conditioner. I had to get sulphate free shampoo, rinse out conditioner, DC, oils etc. I also found out DIYs were more pocket friendly and I never hesitated to jump right in.
I know most people say taking care of your hair isn't too expensive and I agree with that to an extent. I mean there are so many Nigerian brands out there making us proud and way cheaper than international brands. But girl, your pocket will feel it when you move from N300 soulmate to N3000 Cantu products. However I can say a million times over that its worth it.

Right now I'm still on my hair journey and I am making good progress. I have accomplished my initial short term goals and I am working towards my long term goals. I am currently BSL and I have good volume and thickness.
 I created a hair regimen which I follow. Its a flexible regimen too which means I don't have to be too hard on myself and I am more likely to go through with it. Over time I have had to adjust my regimen and pay attention to the current needs of my hair which depend on so many factors.All in all, I am in my happy place with my hair.
State of my hair
May 2018

 Now in the course of my hair care journey I have had to learn from many hair bloggers and vloggers. And there is a very common trend that over time, texlaxed people get to their desired lengths and volume and then do a BC. It scares me. I open a texlaxed blogger's page and boom! she is transitioning to natural hair. I think it comes from wanting a new experience and all that. It makes me ask myself if I would someday want to tow that path. I still admire big fros and thick luscious strands but I dont know if I can handle it. But hey, I guess I would have to wait for time to tell.

Handling texlaxed hair has been a wonderful experience for me and I have gathered a lot of information and resources. I learnt and am still learning so much about my hair everyday. I have had a few challenges along the way but for me the pros definitely outweigh the cons. One thing is sure. Black hair can be long and beautiful. Your hair can get to midback length or any other length you desire. Once your mindset has changed you can pretty much attain all your hair goals.

That's all for now people. Remember to stay happy

Toodles...xx



To contact me for enquiries or suggestions, send me a mail
thatgirlconnect@gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter


Comments

Popular Posts