The LOC/LCO METHOD

Hey dearies!!


Today we are going to be talking about the moisturizing and sealing techniques known as the LOC AND LCO methods.

LOC simply means Liquid, oil and crram
LCO simply means Liquid, cream and oil.

So you can see its almost the same thing just a reversal of order. Like i said earlier, they are methods of moisturizing and sealing your hair.

Moisturizing and sealing is simply adding moisture to your hair and then sealing in all that moisture.

Now lets get into the methods.

 L for Liquid. In this case liquid represnts whatever will be adding the moisture. Please note that oils and butters do not moisturize your hair no matter what the producers write on the package.
911 emergency leave in
         One of the best I've used

O for Oil. Some really good oils out there include: coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, etc. I personally use a blend of oils and keep in a spray bottle. You can try it too
Great for hair growth

C for Cream. You can use any cream of your choice here. Puddings, custards yada yada yada. As a general rule though, avoid creams containing mineral oils, petrolatum, paraffinum liquidum (whatever form it comes in).
Cantu shea butter repair cream
I've been using this since the beginning of my hair journey!!

Alright so on a personal level, i prefer the LCO method. I think i would rather put in all the moisture and seal it in with oils rather than leaving the cream to stay bare.

I sometimes use butters to seal in my moisture but please remember that butters don't add moisture. It might actually make your hair soft but that isn't moisture.

So that's it ladies! Tell me which method you prefer. I would love to read your opinions in the comments. Ask your questions too!

Toodles...xx

Comments

Popular Posts